Racist Turing Test
I put someone in a box, and I’ll tell you they’re either a Ku Klux Klan member, or a Republican. You must devise questions to ask this person, to find out which of the two they are. You are limited to asking them yes/no questions about hot-button political issues.
1) In general, do you support welfare?
2) Do you support Arizona’s law SB 1070?
3) Do you support affirmative action?
4) Do you oppose the “Ground Zero Mosque”?
5) Do you believe the United States is a Christian Nation?
6) Do you believe president Obama is the legitimate president of the United States?
7) Do you support a ban on burqas, niqabs and hijabs?
8) Are you against immigration?
I think you’ll generally find the Republican position on the issue is indistinguishable from the racist position. Note, the default “conservative” position on questions 2, 4, and 7 is opposite the Republican position.
This is why conservatives get called racists. Because assuming there’s a little racist homunculus living inside their head is a perfectly reasonable way to predict their opinion on any given issue. In fact, doing so even explains their deviation from principles which might otherwise be considered conservative, like supporting constitutional freedoms of minorities.